Monday, July 14, 2014

Sweden Day 1 Part 2

Following the amazing nap, Kevin and I headed out for dinner. Just a warning, Sweden is expensive and we are slowly figuring that out!

We headed back to downtown Stockholm to a street called Drottningsgatan, or queen 's street in English.

Before we ate, we were walking along the street and heard a bell tower and find that it was coming from a cool church! We walked that way and found that a Lutheran Mass was taking place. We sat in for the whole thing and it was a very cool experience with the whole thing being in Swedish.

We totally got the stink eye from an older gentleman in front of us because Kevin was translating the service for me. I wanted to tell him "inte svenska" and listen to the sermon of not judging...but realized it didn't matter because we'll never see these people again. Besides he was forgiven of his sins and so were we during the mass :-) He can judge and give me the stink eye, but at least I could understand what was going on. Afterwards, Kevin and I took pictures of the beautiful church with the cool statues, designs, and paintings! I love seeing history everywhere!

After mass, we found pepperoni pizza to eat, which was 114 krona...about $18...they overcharged us because we split it, so they charged us for the extra plate we used. We did not ask for separate plates, we could've eaten perfectly fine off of one plate...but it's all about living and learning and making mistakes! Now we know! We kept walking down the street after dinner and we had our first gelato! It was a very tasty hazelnut chocolate ice cream for 30 krona, about $4.

We walked the street a little more and then decided it was time to head home since it was 9:30 PM...yet the sun is still up.

One last thing before it's time for bed...I love seeing the dogs here. I have yet to pet one, but it makes me feel a little closer to home. I love my animals!

Ta ta for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment